- Type: Red.
- Classification: Guaranteed Cirò Quality Superior Classic Red Cirò Stock.
- Vine: Gaglioppo.
- Production area: Calabria, east centre in the province of Crotone, in Cirò Marina “Timpa Bianca” resort.
- Soil: white clay.
- Altimetry: from 50 to 100 metres above sea level.
- Plant breeding system: espalier with a density of understocks of 5600 plants per hectare.
- Climate: Mediterranean, with mild winters and warm and dry summers.
- Grape harvest: manual, first week of October.
- Yield per hectare of grapes: 60-70 q.li.
- Vinification: traditional fermentation with 15 days steeping, drawing off and soft pressing.
- Ripening: élevage in Calabria chestnut barriques for 12-14 months.
- Refining: four months in bottles at a controlled temperature.
- Tasting: Colour – ruby red. Scent – intense, delicate, strong scents of dried fruit, tobacco and vanilla. Flavour – dry, full, pleasantly tannic.
- Alcoholic degree: 13,5% vol.
- Gastronomic coupling: ideal with roasts, game and grills.
- Service temperature: 17-18°C.
Tenuta Iuzzolini, Cirò Rosso Classico Riserva "Maradea" DOC, 2015