Production area: Grapes harvested in the Valpolicella classica region, from vineyards planted on loamy marl in the hilly countryside of Fumane, San Pietro in Cariano and Marano.
Grape varieties: Corvina and Corvinone (70%), Rondinella (30%). The grapes are left to dry for 40-45 days before pressing.
Yield: 100 kg of grapes yield 50-55 litres of wine.
Ageing: 12 months: 40% in tonneaux (500 litre French oak barrels) and the remaining 60% in 20-hL and 30-hL Slavonian oak barrels.
Refining: A minimum of 9-12 months in the bottle.
Wine analysis
Alcohol 14% vol.
Total acidity 5.5-6‰.
Sensory impressions: A strong yet brilliant ruby red colour with garnet hues, its bold and enticing nose is wide, well balanced and refined, redolent of prunes and maraschino cherries, mixed spices (cloves) and vanilla. The structure is firm, with silky tannins caressing the palate; alcohol and freshness are extremely well balanced; the finish is long, clear, with a pleasant touch of bitterness.
Serving temperature: 16-18° C.
Recommended food pairings: An ideal match for rich and succulent dishes such as braised or stewed meat, roast beef or poached fillet. It is also excellent with cheese in varying degrees of ripeness, such as mature Monte Veronese and 3-year-old Bitto.
Longevity: 8 to 10 years or more, if stored on its side in a cool, dark environment.

Santa Sofia, Valpolicella Classico Superiore 'Montegradella' DOC, 2015

SKU: 10901_2015
£23.76Price
    • Facebook Social Icon
    • Twitter Social Icon
    • LinkedIn Social Icon
    • Instagram Social Icon

    ©2019 by www.london-wine-deliveries.com. Proudly created with www.wecreateco.com