- Type: Red.
- Classification: Typical Geographical Indication of Calabria
- Vine: Gaglioppo.
- Production area: Calabria, east centre in the province of Crotone, in Carfizzi “Niballo” resort.
- Soil: white clay.
- Altimetry: from 200 to 300 metres above sea level.
- Plant breeding system: espalier with a density of understocks of 5600 plants per hectare.
- Climate: Mediterranean, with mild winters and warm and dry summers.
- Grape harvest: manual, first week of October.
- Yield per hectare of grapes: 60 – 70 q.li.
- Vinification: steeping carbonic 50% and cryomaceration 50%, drawing off and soft pressing.
- Ripening: in stainless steel for three months.
- Refining: one month in bottle at a controlled temperature.
- Tasting: Colour – bright ruby red with purple reflections. Scent – fruity and floreal. Flavour – crisp, lively, smooth.
- Alcoholic degree: 12,5% vol.
- Gastronomic coupling:excellent served cool with dishes featuring fish, cheeses and tropical fruit.
- Service temperature: 8-10°C.
Tenuta Iuzzolini, Belfresco IGT, 2016