- Type: Red.
- Classification: Typical Geographical Indication of Calabria.
- Vine: Gaglioppo.
- Production area: Calabria, east centre in the province of Crotone, in Cirò Marina “Timpa Bianca” resort.
- Soil: white clay.
- Altimetry: from 50 to 100 metres above sea level.
- Plant breeding system: espalier with a density of understocks of 5600 plants per hectare.
- Climate: Mediterranean, with mild winters and warm and dry summers.
- Grape harvest: Manual, for week of October.
- Yield per hectare of grapes: 60-70 q.li.
- Vinification: traditional fermentation with 8-12 days steeping, drawing off and soft pressing.
- Ripening: elevage in French durmast barriques for 6 months.
- Refining: two months in bottles at a controlled temperature.
- Tasting: Colour – ruby red. Scent – intens and persistent. Flavour – soft with fused tannins.
- Alcoholic degree: 13,5% vol.
- Gastronomic coupling: accompanied by red meats and seasoned cheese.
- Service temperature: 17-18°C.
Tenuta Iuzzolini, Calabria Rosso "Principe Spinelli" IGT, 2018