- Type: Red.
- Classification: Guaranteed Quality.
- Vine: Gagliopapo.
- Production area: Calabria, east centre in the province of Crotone, in Cirò Marina “Timpa Bianca” resort.
- Soil: white clay.
- Altimetry: from 50 to 100 metres above sea level.
- Plant breeding system: espalier with a density of understocks of 5600 plants per hectare.
- Climate: Mediterranean, with mild winters and warm and dry summers.
- Grape harvest: manual, first week of October.
- Yield per hectare of grapes: 60 – 70 q.li.
- Vinification: traditional fermentation with 8-12 days steeping, drawing off and soft pressing.
- Ripening: in stainless steel with a light passage in barriques.
- Refining: two months in bottles at a controlled temperature.
- Tasting: Colour – bright ruby red. Scent – delicate, intense, ethereal and pleasant. Flavour – warm, full, pleasantly vinous, balanced, tasty and persistent.
- Alcoholic degree: 13% vol.
- Gastronomic coupling: excellent with any dish, ideal with red meat, game and medium matured cheeses.
- Service temperature: 17-18°C.
Tenuta Iuzzolini, Cirò Rosso Classico DOC, 2019