- Type: Rosé.
- Classification: Typical Geographical Indication of Calabria.
- Vine: Gaglioppo and Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Production area: Calabria, east centre in the province of Crotone, in Carfizzi “Motta” resort.
- Soil: mixed type, with a certain percentage of activated limestone.
- Altimetry: from 200 to 300 metres above sea level.
- Plant breeding system: espalier with a density of understocks of 5600 plants per hectare.
- Climate: Mediterranean, with mild winters and warm and dry summers.
- Grape harvest: manual, in the first ten days of October.
- Yield per hectare of grapes: 80 – 90 q.li.
- Vinification: destalking pressing, brief cold steeping with the skins, soft pressing, yield in must flower 60% on the grapes, followed by a fermentation at a controlled temperature.
- Ripening: passage for three months in the new French durmast barriques.
- Refining: two months in bottles at a controlled temperature.
- Tasting: Colour – salmon pink with cherry tints. Scent – delicate, floral with flowers and spices scents. Flavour – soft, harmonic, sprightly and bright.
- Alcoholic degree: 13% vol.
- Gastronomic coupling: it goes well with rich hors d’oeuvres, first and second course based on fish and white meat.
- Service temperature: 8-10°C.
Tenuta Iuzzolini, Lumare Rosato IGT, 2016