- Type: Red.
- Classification: Typical Geographical Indication (IGT)
- Vine: Gaglioppo, Magliocco, Cabernet Sauvignon e Merlot.
- Production area: Calabria, east centre in the province of Crotone in Carfizzi loc. “Motta – Maradea”.
- Soil: white clay
- Altimetry: from 200 to 300 metres above sea level.
- Plant breeding system: espalier with a density of understocks of 5600 plants per hectare.
- Climate: Mediterranean, with mild winters and warm and dry summers.
- Grape harvest: manual, first week of October.
- Yield per hectare of grapes: 45 – 50 qts
- Vinification: traditional fermentation with 10 – 15 days steeping, drawing off and soft pressing, malolactic fermentation in steel.
- Ripening: élevage in new durmast French barriques for 15 months.
- Refining: two months in bottles at a controlled temperature.
- Tasting: Color – purple red with marked violet hints Aroma – intense, fruity, sweet and ripe, with balsamic and floral notes of violets on a slight accent of tobacco in closing. Flavour – warm and velvety that shows great structure in the mouth and remarkable personality. Alcohol blends in a soft tannin with a persuasive balance.
- Alcoholic degree: 14.5% vol.
- Gastronomic coupling: ideal with red meat dishes and seasoned cheese.
- Service temperature: Serve at 17-18°C.
Tenuta Iuzzolini, Muranera IGT, 2015