Elegant dessert wine made from Royal Muscat grapes grown in tuffaceous soils of the DOC Moscato di Trani and partially dried on racks to concentrate the sugars and aromatic components. After a careful vinification, the wine rests for a few months in French oak barrels that enhance its intense bouquet of Muscat, candied fruit and citrus. On the palate the wine is fascinating, complex and long finish with a never cloying. Served chilled, it goes to delicate pastries and cakes, but also foie gras and cheeses.
- Variety: 100% Moscato Reale
- Grape harvest: Third week in September. Vineyard yield: 50-60 q/ha. 20% of the grapes naturally dried.
- Wine making: Fermentation in steel for 15 days at 18°C
- Aging: 3-4 months in French oak barriques and 6 months in glass-lined cement vats.
- Tasting notes: Deep, shimmering yellow; bouquet redolent of apricot, pineapple, and candied orange peel; rich, multilayered palate, sweet yet with a dry finish.
- Cellaring: 6-7 years
- Alcohol: 14%