Salice Salentino is produced mainly from Negroamaro, combined with a small amount of Malvasia Nera. The modern winemaking allows to obtain a wine with bright purplish red, with intense aromas of black fruit and a fresh palate characterized by slightly bitter finish typical of the variety. Serve at 16-18 ° C, very versitile in food pairing.
- Variety: 90% Negroamaro - 10% Malvasia Nera
- Grape harvest: Between the first and second week in September. Vineyard yield: 80-90 q/ha
- Wine making: Maceration for 8-9 days at 28°C with frequent pumpovers.
- Aging: 12 months in glass-lined cement vats and after 3-4 months in one-year old small oak
- Tasting notes: Deep ruby red; rich bouquet, with notes of dried plum and morello cherry; complex palate, with a classic bitterish finish.
- Alcohol: 13%