- Type: Red.
- Classification: Typical Geographical Indication of Calabria.
- Vine: Magliocco.
- Production area: Calabria, east centre in the province of Crotone, in Carfizzi “Motta” resort.
- Soil: white clay.
- Altimetry: from 200 to 300 metres above sea level.
- Plant breeding system: espalier with a density of understocks of 5600 plants per hectare.
- Climate: Mediterranean, with mild winters and warm and dry summers.
- Grape harvest: manual, end of October.
- Yield per hectare of grapes: 25-30 q.li.
- Vinification: traditional fermentation with 15-20 days steeping, drawing off and soft pressing.
- Ripening: élevage in French durmast barriques for 24 months.
- Refining: 24 months in bottles at a controlled temperature.
- Tasting: Colour – purple red, particularly intense, with a light shade of violet. Scent – intense, delicate, opening up with soft fruit rising up to persistent and rich vanilla spiced scents, with balsamic notes. Flavour – it is warm and velvety to the palate, ample, complex, long and persistent. Great structure and longevity.
- Alcoholic degree: 14% vol.
- Gastronomic coupling: it goes well with roasted meat, lamb, boar and game. Ideal with hard, savoury and strong cheeses.
- Service temperature: 17-18°C.
Tenuta Iuzzolini, Paternun IGT, 2011